Saturday, April 17, 2010

week 9: finally a 15 mile run, long passed due

it wasn't until late march when I finally get my Saturdays back to myself from my course. And then I started a 19-day working streak. My training suffered a lot. I had to try really hard to squeeze a run in here and there. The good thing is that I became creative doing it, such as running to subway for lunch and back. running on the treadmill after midnight watching a movie. But my mileage remains low. despite the 13 mile run in Rancho San Antonio, I haven't really done any major damage. 

But finally, this weekend is mine and all mine! It feels like the first 2 full days this year I gotta spend whichever way I want. And here is what I've done so far: 

1. sleep in till 10am (10am is seriously late for my bio-clock)
2. playing my acoustic
3. 5 miles on the treadmill watching "when harry met sally" (I love this movie)
4. break
5. another 5 miles watching "Eric Johnson's guitar lesson" (very cool video)
6. playing my electric, had some food
7. another 5 miles, watching "Forrest Gump" (I cried 3 times in an hour)
8. writing and waiting for friends to come visiting:)

I feel pretty good after today's run. body's fine, calves are sore, especially the left side, gotta see to it. knees are a little sore, nothing concerning.other than these, I feel fine, if not for friends' visit in a little bit, I probably would have run a 4th 5.

In the time still left before my race, I gotta step up quite a bit in training, core, back, glutes, and a ton of stretches. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Learn from Forest Gump. When a reporter asked him why he ran, he just simply said: "I just felt like it." Enjoy the experience and keep up with the good work ^^.

    ReplyDelete